Mineral Processing includes recovery operations at a mine site and the associated processing plant. The processing operations involve the extraction of metal ores and minerals from the mined rock. Mines use mixers in Backfill or Water Treatment operation. Major applications involving mixers and agitators are found in the processing plant.
Concentrating or separating the metal from the ore is the goal for the processing plant. A variety of processing steps are used to concentrate the metal from the sulfide, concentrate the ions, and extract the metal from the solvent.
Chemineer and Prochem agitators and Kenics static mixers are used throughout the process. Chemineer provides high pressure seals, corrosion resistant wetted parts, and a wide range of impellers to perform specific functions in these applications.
By End Product
- Base Metals: Aluminum, Copper, Lead, Iron, Tin, Zinc, Misc.
- Precious Metals: Gold, Silver, Molybdenum, Platinum, Rare Earths
- Non-Metallic: Phosphoric Acid, Potash, Clay, Magnesium Hydroxide/Mg(OH)2, Coal/Oil and Coil/Water Slurries
- Gold Extraction (Carbon-in-Leach, Cyanide Leach, Autoclaves)
- Silver (CIP, Cyanide Destruct)
- Copper (Pumper Mixers, Solvent Extraction, Autoclaves)
- Nickel (Autoclaves)
- Phosphoric Acid
- Attack Tanks (1st, Digester, Primary, Secondary, Final)
- Filter Feed
- Phosphate & Flotation Agents
- Phosphoric Acid Storage
- Magnesium Hydroxide/Mg(OH)2
- Pressure Oxidation Autoclaves
- Ore leaching, Ore Leaching, Slurry Storage
- Ore Conditioning (Flotation)
- Solvent Extraction
- Atmospheric Digestion (Attack Tanks, Circulators)
- Pressure Digestion ( Autoclaves )
- Reagent & Waste Treatment operations
- Non-metallic domestic operations